Subject: Anything that typifies Shuttleworth
This includes any aircraft, other vehicle, landscape, building, or person present at Old Warden at the time of the photograph. This includes aircraft and vehicles, whether or not based at Old Warden and they don’t have to be owned by the Collection so visitors are eligible, as are all the multifarious vehicles, engines, machines, cycles (motor or otherwise), seen on site from time to time. And don’t forget the people associated with the Collection such as the pilots, engineers, volunteers etc. Your picture must simply evoke that special Shuttleworth atmosphere.
1. The competition is open to digital images only. These should be sized so that the longest side is 1600 pixels with the other dimension in proportion. The suggested file resolution is 100 pixels per inch. If you require technical help with this, please email your problem with your phone number to email@example.com
2. Only SVAS Photo Section members are eligible. The entrant’s name and SVAS number must be included in the covering email or, if used, written on the cd or dvd .
3. All entries must have been taken since the start of the 2018 display season.
4. Each member may enter up to 5 images. No entry is to have been published previously in Prop-Swing or been entered in the 2021 Print Competition.
5. There is no entry fee.
6. The competition is now open and the closing date for submission of entries is the 15th of May 2022.
7. Entries may be submitted by either: a. attaching image files to an email and sending to firstname.lastname@example.org, or b. saving your entries onto a cd or dvd and handing it in at the shop at Old Warden. Alternatively, it can be posted to:
SVAS Photo Section, Old Warden Aerodrome, BIGGLESWADE, SG18 9EP, marked for the attention of Paul Braham or Paul Ferguson, SVAS Photo Section.
8. All entries will be uploaded to a dedicated site on Flickr for viewing. The result of the competition will be announced in the summer issue of Prop-Swing.
9. Copyright of entries remains with the photographer.
The whole Photo Section membership will be invited to view the entries between 21st May and 5th June 2022. Voting for their favourite must be completed by 6th June 2022, by sending an email to email@example.com.
Details of how to view entries and how to vote will be emailed to all members before 21st May.
The winning entrant will be awarded the Ken Cates Trophy which they may hold for a period of nine months. A selection of entries including the winner will be published in Prop-Swing.